Good Hope Road and Alabama Avenue SE (Ward 7)
Owner / Developer
Rappaport Companies & William C. Smith and Co.
Site Development Program
Mixed-use residential and retail site
125,000 SF Walmart Supercenter
18,000 SF adjoining retail to Walmart
Grocery and general merchandise
Transportation / Access
Arterial Roads: Naylor Rd. SE, Good Hope Rd. SE, Alabama Ave. SE
Bus Routes: 32, 34, 92, V5, W2, W3, W4, W5, W6, W8
Major Neighboring Uses
Good Hope Marketplace, Fort Stanton Park
Current Project Status
A construction start date has not been determined.
- Building Permits Issued for Skyland Shopping Center Demolition
- Walmart Makes a Good Deal for DC Stores Even Better
- Walmart Planning for 6 DC Locations
- Walmart Plans Six Stores for DC
- Walmart Announces New Stores at Skyland & Fort Totten Square
The Skyland Town Center store will hire approximately 300 new permanent positions. A hiring center will be located in proximity to the store and will open 3 to 4 months before the store opening. The specific address for the hiring center, its opening date, and hours of operation will be posted on this website.